Warning about Highams Park Lake

Warning issued for Highams Park lake as Toxic algae found.

The Council has been made aware of a number of dogs dying after (it is believed) they drank from Highams Park Lake. Post mortem results show the presence of a toxic Blue/Green Algae.

The City of London Corporation, which manages Epping Forest, is warning visitors against swimming, fishing or taking dogs into the water at Highams Park Lake until testing for suspected toxic blue-green algae blooms have been completed.